Sunday 23 November 2008

Teaching


Two weeks ago when George Verwer was in town he did one of his inimitable prayers. He asked all pastors in the room to stand up since he wanted to pray for them. He then added - "stand up if you are a teaching elder in your fellowship". I found myself getting to my feet and being prayed for by George along with the others in the room.

How lightly I have taken the responsibility of teaching. In a small way I am trying to change this through a series of four teachings over the next month that looks at the way our fellowships can be transformed to be the kind of world-changing, God-reflecting places that we are meant to be.

I shared the first installment at our gathering at Samata Nagar this morning. I am so grateful to God for giving the words - and learned so much myself (always one of the benefits of preparing something for all of us to follow).

We have a small blog for the Church at Thane which can be accessed by clicking here (or by going to http://churchatthane.blogspot.com) in which I have already posted the introduction to this series, and hope to soon post a summary of the morning's sharing (which appropriately enough was about how the first church devoted themselves to the Apostles Teaching).

No comments:

Post a Comment