Thursday 26 August 2010

UBS


Later today I am going to the Union Biblical Seminary in Pune.

I say later because it is 1 AM and I have been wrestling with a powerpoint presentation for the last 1.5 hours. It kept 'shutting down' when I try to edit it. Thank you Mr. Bill Gates and your multi-gazillion dollar company - which is still using the basic code from MS DOS. Bless your soul. I miss my Macbook (it conked out when the book deluge hit it a few weeks ago).

In 4 hours I shall open my eyes again - then off to the Thane railway station at 6 AM to get the 7 AM Intercity to Pune - arriving in the grand old city of Pune a shade after 10 AM.

UBS is a lovely place - full of friends - so it will be hard to cram all the meetings-up with faculty and students in the 2 hours and lunch before the main show of the day (for me at least).

After lunch withI shall be giving a "Current Concerns" talk on AIDS in India to the student body from 2.30-4.30 PM. Paokholun Haokip - one of our current UBS interns will also be with me and will share about how the UBS students are serving at JSK.

Then a quick jaunt back to the train station to catch the Intercity (5.55 PM) back to Thane. Should arrive at 8.20 PM - and hope to be home a shade after 9.

A long day ahead of me! Good night & good morning (prayers gratefully accepted for this tired head!)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to details of day at UBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cjo! Any links with UBS? Will try to get the story up by this evening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cjo - please give us a call at 9321112065 if you are still in the Mumbai area

    ReplyDelete