Thursday 8 April 2010

800

Gentle Readers,

I certainly have not kept quiet. My little counter tells me that we have just crossed 800 posts to this blog. It seems a long way from the first one - and even from the 300th one!

As I write this on a hot, sultry Thane night - with a bunch of dishes waiting for my attention - and my darling family already asleep (I hope) in the fan-whirred quietness of this dark home - I have to just say how grateful I am for this strange and beautiful life.

These last few weeks have been pretty lean - ones when I have dipped in and out of what I think is something like depression - but at the same time I am again and again reminded of the faithfulness of my loving Lord Jesus. We are (at least Sheba and I are) physically and mentally tired at this point - but know that we need to carry on.

So off to the dishes and then to sleep for sometime - till the warm day starts up from her cool repose.

Onwards!

-----------------------------
p.s. Suggestions, thoughts, comments all very welcome! Your readership is appreciated, wherever you are on this fair globe of ours...

4 comments:

  1. Keep Marching. Jai Yeshu & Jai Hind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that late is better than not at all! My pace has been somewhat frenetic, the past few weeks. I'm catching up with way too many blog posts in my reader.

    800 posts is a significant milestone--closing in on the 'millennium'. Well done! And thank you for the encouragement, inspiration, and connection that I find in your writing.

    I am praying for strength, stamina, and encouragement as you continue your pilgrimage and faithful service on the front lines of His kingdom.

    We look forward to visiting in person one day. --Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul,

    Really appreciate your reading - and the many years of friendship and mentorship that you and Lynne have been to me - and to so many others...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete