Wednesday 2 January 2008

A cup of chai in 2008


Its 11.54 on the 2nd of Jan.

I am dog tired.

But wired.

Cup of chai at the JSK men's hostel did it.

I stopped in to see how James was doing. Arrived at 10 PM - left just before 11 but had a big cuppa there - and know though I am tired and my back is hurting like anything (I spent just over a day of our just finished paradise-vacation flat on my back because of the pain) - and the whole Eicher household is deep in slumber - I am not.

Prayer comes at times like this. I pray especially tonight for two very troubled areas that are close to our heart - the beloved state of Orissa where hundreds of Christian Tribals are camped out in the forest because they are too scared to come back to their burnt out homes and churches - and for the great country of Kenya where years of corruption have come home to roost with what threatens to be a terrible uprising of tribe vs. tribe.

Lord have mercy - and use your people - right now - to be agents of reconcilliation - just as you are reconciling all things unto yourself. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog by accident a few days ago. I look forward to reading more.

    We prayed for the people of Orissa tonight.

    ReplyDelete