Monday 6 August 2007

His renown



How do we remain focussed on God in a world that sweeps us into the sheer flux of see-hear-feel reality?

As I write the rain is pouring, just pouring, outside. I have receieved an SMS that father of a dear friend of ours has been put on a ventilator at Lok Hospital. Asha and Enoch are sleeping (I hope). The flat is silent but for the sound of the fridge and the rain outside. Sheba has crashed. My left upper arm has been paining due to a mild case of spondilitis (nerves being pressed on my part of my neck vertebrae). Its night and the day is soon around the corner.

A challenging thought is to consider "God's renown" in the middle of the blender of life that we find ourselves in.

Isaiah 26:8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.

May my whole self hold true to what Isaiah says. Would that every fibre of me would seek to honour God and see that His glory is understood. Not in some pie-in-the-sky abstract sense - but in the real life business of seeing God in what He does. In living life according to a deeper truth than what is on the surface (even when it seems foolish to do so). In 'cherishing each God-given day'. In 'knowing God and making Him known.' In living out a covenant life in the community of other sinners like us who are being changed into being like God.

Amazing stuff.

p.s. I was put on the Isaiah passage by the group that runs the Passion conferences: http://www.268generation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment