Tuesday 8 December 2009

An afternoon up high

I went up this afternoon. Literally up. Climbed a hill. Was quiet. Slept. Read the Bible and prayed. Sunk in the late afternoon sun.


The last few weeks have really taken their toll on me. I am irritable and unfocussed. Constantly tired. Yet not able to sleep easily (like right now as I am typing this at 11.15 PM in a darkened home).

Going up the hill - was a first and very welcome step.

To be under a tree - on the top of the ridge - and to see green forested hills stretch before you is something very special.

To do so with the urban sprawl of Thane just behind your back is an added bonus. It was remarkable to be up high - and hear the low rumble that the city gives off - and realise that this rumble is the background music to our lives. We are so accustomed to the melange of sound that we do not even consciously note that all the time we have a wall of sound around us.

A big thankyou to Sheba for encouraging this afternoon expedition. I feel more human again. More real. More of what I know God wants me to be.

And so off to some real slumber! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment