Tuesday 10 June 2008

Mangoes

A small tribute to the king of fruits. The amazing mango.




Where can you get such a combination of sweetness and tang - of the goodness of juice just running down your hands - and yet you want more?

Each mango is so totally different. You never know till the first bite - will it be tart? or sweet as all the gulab jamuns in the world?

I am a 1/4 though one as I write this in the middle of a mercifully quiet night. The slightly acid taste of the current mango puckers up my lips - and makes me want more.

Another few bites separated the last para and these lines. The cheeks are almost done. Now what all that is left the to suck and gnaw at the seed. The proverbial gutli. Please excuse me while my hands get gloriously yellow!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh. . one of the great joys of living in Malaysia has been the incredible mangoes!

    Indeed. Wow.

    ReplyDelete