Tuesday 24 March 2015

Lessons from cancer: a letter from a friend

We have received so many letters where dear friends of Dad and Mum share their concern and assure us of earnest prayers.  

Here is just one of them:

Dear Andi and Sheba.

Thanks for letting us know about the sad situation of Ray having cancer. It is upsetting for Christa and all of you.

10 yrs ago I discovered I had cancer. By Gods grace I made a good recovery. But a close friend did not recover. We both benefited from the cancer in that God used it to bring us both into a much closer relationship. John died in a wonderful joyfull condition full of the Holy spirit.  That too was a form of healing in that he had no fear of death. In it he blessed all who met him and gave glory to God.

How was it possible? May I share a truth we learned? You must know it already, but it can be helpful to hear a testimony of its effectiveness to increase faith.

I thank God that I had a gift of faith to be able to give thanks ( and praise and worship) IN the situation and then FOR the situation.
 

Merlin Corruthers book Power in Praise helped. By thanking God for the difficulty we were able to turn the devils curse into a blessing. God changed me. I discovered that to fear something is a form of idolatry, like worship, and it allows the situation to have power over you. But to worship, praise and thank God in and for all things releases his power and authority into the situation.

It was one of the best things to happen to me in my life. I went on to discover my ministry.

God bless you all. We are praying for a great release of the Holy Spirit into the situation and for Gods name to be glorified and his love made manifest. 


Bill Owen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment