Friday 14 November 2008

Children's day 2008

Jawaharlal Nehru's birthday is celebrated in our country as "Children's Day". This year Enoch's class asked the children to come dressed as a flower or an animal (strict instructions not to hire costumes) and Asha's teacher told her that they can come wearing 'colour dress' instead of her normal uniform.
Enoch went dressed as a fox.

On the previous night he practiced hunting with Asha as the deer that he was stalking. He did such a good job at it that Asha became genuinely frightened.

A bit of cuddling and all was well again in the Eicher home.

Today in school a teacher asked him how many chickens he had eaten. "One" he replied. Figures - Enoch loves eating chicken - especially chicken curry - most foxes would probably eat their chickens more on the raw side.

Asha decided to wear her 'special blue dress'.

She looked very elegant in her dress and just purchased bangles.

Our little girl is growing up! Its such a delight to be with our children and to see how they are blossoming in different ways.

Over the last few days I have had the opportunity to be so very grateful for the wonderful mercies we receive. To sit in a clean house and have a delicious meal together. To be married to a loving godly partner. To wake up healthy and with a day full of challenges to face. To have a cup of tea while reading the Bible in the morning. The list just goes on and on - we are recipients of much grace.

We named our first-born "Asha" because we knew that we were going to be dealing with many sad situations - and we know that no matter what the future holds - we have hope in our loving Lord Jesus.

Asha has lived up to her name already.

This children's day we thank God for the blessings that we receive through Enoch and Asha. May they continue to bless others too!

2 comments:

  1. You do have a lovely family (I can tell even from afar). See pictures and hear stories about the kids that regularly bring smiles to my face. It makes me wonder what my family will look like in a decade. I so eagerly look forward to times with my little Addison-even when they come earlier in the morning or later at night than I wish. After trudging out of bed to put her pacifier back in or change a diaper, there is this lift in my heart when I see her little being. I hope that only grows, not grows cold. She has so much personality at just 6 months old. I look forward to seeing her grow and develop.

    I'm only 28, but I feel that I'm enjoying the little graces and joys of life so much more than ever before. They keep me sane and grounded in this often bleak and fallen world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben,

    We thank our parents by the parents we are to our children.

    Its amazing how much personality is bundled into a child from the very onset of who they are.

    Asha recognised my voice immediately after being born - she would quieten her crying in the early days when I would sing to her - since I had sung to her before she was born.

    Think of our heavenly Father singing over us!

    Bless you again as you grow with Addison. You have 4 years on us! When we were 28 we did not even know about each other - marriage was a full 2 years in the future and Asha another year after that.

    ReplyDelete