Sunday 6 January 2013

Lead kindly light

We have stepped into 2013 this week.

Its not been an easy few days already.

The papers continue to print the gruesome findings about the assault and rape of the 23 year old woman late last month.

Dad has fallen and injured himself in Mussoorie and we are all so far away.

We face deep disappointment with folks we have poured ourselves into.

Closer in - I see my own short-comings in sharp relief.

And yet we move forward.

Our hope is not based on our circumstances.  We wait in hope on the Lord, He is our strength and shield.

This year is going to be the very best one yet.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”


What more can we ask for than being a part of God himself?  What deeper hunger can we have?  What greater hope? 

No comments:

Post a Comment