Saturday 12 February 2011

Fly me to the moon

Swinging. Eyes wet with the happy watering that comes when wind blows into cheery faces. The moon a yellow boiled-egg-yolk in the sky.

I want to fly to the moon.

Swinging higher and higher.

Tis no surprise that what I enjoyed as a kid is now being enjoyed by next gen Eichers.

Asha in particular loves to move.

And to swing.

High.

In just before Christmas we were visited by our wonderful friends Viju and Molly from the Asha Kiran Hospital in Lamptaput, Orissa. Their oldest daughter Abigail and Asha had a whale of a time.

Here are some pics of their gravity-busting swinging!

Puts my childhood bravado to shame!

Abigail n Asha

Higher

and higher!

Its a miracle the girls lived to tell the tale.

Its a miracle that any of us is alive. Period.

The daily set of improbabilities that we live through ... Concrete evidence of brownian-motion is seen everyday when I drive my scooter.

Grace abounds.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Anjali (Dr Oby's daughter) and I used to do this! Asha has grown so much! And I've never seen Abigail before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deepa! There is something elemental in swinging - if it weren't for the no of kilos I carry around these days i would do more of it (most swings are in kiddie grounds sadly...).

    ReplyDelete