Wednesday 29 October 2008

A prayer by a new friend

After a distressing day with people that I love but who seem intractably at each others throats - I came back to our monthly Positive Friends Support group meeting.

A number of our friends got up and shared things. Some short, some longer.

One thin man who I had not met before also got up and said a few things in Marathi before sitting down.

Later I had the opportunity to talk with him some more. He is not married and lives alone with his mother. He has HIV and is being treated for TB. He was very thin.

When it came time to pray - I had an opportunity to pray for him. And he for me. As he prayed, I could feel the bones of his back sticking out into my hand. It was such an honour to have this man pray for my back and for healing.

Our time on this planet is very short. Lets make the most, the very most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment