Saturday 18 August 2012

Specs

Right.  With one fell stroke both of us have joined the ranks of those with extra eyes.

It started with Sheba's severe head-aches - and my realising about 2 weeks ago that small text was now blurred.  A quick visit to the opthalmologist at Bethany Hospital showed that we both needed reading glasses - and I also need specs for seeing at a distance.  

So on Wednesday Sheba got her reading specs and today I picked up my variable ones.  Its quite an adjustment for me.  I am less than thrilled with what seems to worse than before.  Yes I do see better when reading, but the closing in of my field of vision to a few spots of clarity seems jarring.  There is constant desire to take the things off and 'carry on without'....  Alas! I feel like I have become a card-carrying member of the middle-aged-club.

O Freunde, nicth diese Toene,
Sondern lasst uns angenehmere anstimmen
und freudenvollere!



almost the last stitch
Lets look instead at what Sheba has been working on recently.  

One of the reasons for her headaches is her work on her latest cross-stitch project - of which the majority was done through a blurry haze.  

With the coming of the specs Sheba finds herself able to read small text again.  


The current project based on a set of flower patterns sourced off the internet.  These sweet-pea flowers have been framed by Sheba with the verse 'Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.'  (Mathew 5.8).




No comments:

Post a Comment