Thursday 28 January 2010

Anger


Yesterday a man was late for an appointment.

Instead of walking the 5-8 minute route, he hailed an auto-rickshaw and barked a command - telling the driver to go to a housing complex near his destination.

A minute later the man told the auto-driver to take a left turn - just before the housing complex.

The driver responded saying: "you told me you wanted to go to the housing complex" in a slightly surly tone.

The man exploded. He shouted at the driver. "You go where I tell you!" the man bellowed. The man's face was contorted with rage.

The shocked driver stopped the auto. "I say one thing and you start shouting?"

Enraged the man put down the fare of 10 Rs. on the back seat and jumped out. Grabbing the big cardboard box he was carrying, he steamed the last 50 meters to his destination at a furious pace.

I saw the whole scene yesterday.

I saw it with my own eyes.

I heard everything with my own ears.

Because I was that man.

7 comments:

  1. were you the rickshaw man or the passenger : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. well , i do understand how u feel ... let it go

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Alf! It has been a secret dream of mine to drive an auto-rickshaw ever since I was knee high to a grass-hopper.

    Sadly, I was the fellow giving the heat. But thanks to God, I have asked forgiveness (of the Lord - and will do so the next time I meet the cabbie) and have received much grace (grace in spades...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very brave of you to share this - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. and here I thought I was the only one to occasionally lose it over small things! Thanks for sharing. Heat, dehydration, and sleep deprivation are all part of the mix, usually, but deep at the core is our heart of sin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An ordinary affair, u've packaged into an enjoyable read. Thanks andi. You and i are still human beings

    ReplyDelete
  7. human beings with the finger prints of God all over us...

    ReplyDelete