Tuesday 28 August 2007

Hope


I have been HIV positive for fifteen years now. I don't have a perfect life, but I never will until I go home to be with the Lord. I just have a better life having God in the centre of it.

It is better because I don't walk around feeling guilty anymore. I know all I have to do is give my worries over to Go and he will take care of them for me. I feel clean inside and out.

Sometimes I am grateful for HIV because it has taught me to about what is really important in life. It has made me totally dependent on the Lord.
An anonymous woman with HIV quoted in "The AIDS Crisis: What we can do" By Deborah Dortzbach and W. Meredith Long, IVP Books 2006


Many thanks to our dear Philip B who paid us a refreshing 30 hour visit - and gave us the book from which the quote was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment